Check here and on the “japanenglishteacher”, “ohayosensei” and “jobsinjapan” sites for vacancies. We also welcome speculative applications (cover letter and resume) any time.
- Sponsorship for working visa
- Competitive salary
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
- Paid holidays and vacation time.
- Yearly completion bonus.
- Good long term employment prospects. Renewable yearly (and longer) contracts.
- Increased salary, bonus and other benefits in second and subsequent years.
- Native English speaker.
- Minimum university bachelor’s degree.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Most positions require the teaching of a broad kindergarten curriculum to a class of young children in an English immersion environment.
- Working time usually average 40 hours per week with a maximum of 30 ‘contact hours’.
Teachers are expected to:
- Work as part of a team with other Japanese and Western teachers.
- Create a stimulating classroom learning environment.
- Write lesson plans and keep records of student’s progress.
- Lead and assist other staff in the setting up of events and performances.