We’re looking for a full time native English teacher from September 1st 2020. Training can begin in August if the applicant is ready and available at that time.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Deliver a kindergarten curriculum to younger children and teach some after school lessons for older children (mostly 7 to 11 year olds).
-A starting salary of between￥260,000 and ￥280,000 depending on qualifications and experience (rising to ￥300,000 after the 1st or 2nd year, increasing incrementally thereafter).
-Bonuses paid three times a year: summer, winter and on the completion of the school year.
-Paid vacation days,
-Extra payment for health insurance/pension,
-Able to sponsor or renew working visas and help find local accommodation.
– Native English speaker with a University degree.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– A teaching qualification and/or English Teaching certificate.
– Experience teaching children, especially kindergarten and elementary school aged students.
-Basic computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel),
-Artistic and musical skills
Contact Jon Bennett at London Bridge for more information.
London Bridge International School
236-4 Tainoshima, Tamukaemachi,
Kumamoto 862 0965
Tel/Fax: 096-334-1144 (Cell 080-2693-0705)
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Positions for teachers at London Bridge may become available from time to time . Posts are usually advertised at the end of the year (November or December) for positions starting in April. Application deadlines are usually mid- February.
Check here and on the “japanenglishteacher”, “ohayosensei” and “jobsinjapan” sites for vacancies. We also welcome speculative applications (cover letter and resume) any time.
- Sponsorship for working visa
- Competitive salary
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
- Paid holidays and vacation time.
- Yearly completion bonus.
- Good long term employment prospects. Renewable yearly (and longer) contracts.
- Increased salary, bonus and other benefits in second and subsequent years.
- Native English speaker.
- Minimum university bachelor’s degree.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
Brief Job Description
- Most positions require the teaching of a broad kindergarten curriculum to a class of young children in an English immersion environment.
- Working time usually average 40 hours per week with a maximum of 30 ‘contact hours’.
Teachers are expected to:
- Work as part of a team with other Japanese and Western teachers.
- Create a stimulating classroom learning environment.
- Write lesson plans and keep records of student’s progress.
- Lead and assist other staff in the setting up of events and performances.